Sunday, November 11, 2012

Ratatouille Lasagna

When I have a weekend cooking urge and feel virtuous and all European I love to make this yummy baked pyrex dish of goodness.

1 enormously large Egg plant cut into 1 cm slices
3 medium size zucchinis cut into coins
1 large red onion sliced
2 red capsicum cut into cheeks
2 cans of chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup of grated cheese.

Sauté onions in a table spoon of olive oil, then ...
I ever so lightly pre cook the egg plant and capsicum in my
toasted sandwich press - brush with olive oil and closed lid 
for a few mins.  
Starting with the egg plant, layer ingredients into dish
(don't pre cook the zucchini it turns to slush.)

Layer
Layer
Another layer of egg plant to finish off
Pour over the two cans of chopped toms and sprinkle with the cheese.
Bake at 180 until the cheese is golden, serve with what ever you like.
Tonight we are having ours with crusty bread and roast Lamb.
I also love these ratatouille left overs as a pasta sauce, it goes really well with a chunky spiral pasta.






3 comments:

  1. That looks so easy and delicious, fantastic weekend food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that this will be delicious! I do eggplant parmigiana using the canned tomatoes that are already seasoned with balsamic, onion and garlic. So yummy! Even my youngest son who is not a vegetable lover will happily eat it over wheat pasta. Best wishes to you, Tammy

    ReplyDelete