Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Crochet Ikea Stool Cover

After a very long blog Hiatus I have finally got some pics together and am ready to post again...

Our world has ground to a bit of a halt as Miss S's epilepsy had got out of control again.  We seem to be making progress at the moment so fingers crossed we continue and will find our normal again.  The only good side to some more time in hospital is that I have got some high level crochet done!

I made sure I always had my cotton and hooks in my bag and found it a wonderful thing to be fiddling with at times of stress and during all those long waits.  (I am sure some ambos found me very odd hooking away in the back of an ambulance during a long hospital transfer but so much nicer to focus on your hook than on reality don't you think?)

Anyway this is what I made.


Then I found these awesome new stools in Ikea for only $6.99

 I threaded hat elastic between the last white and red circle and fitted it over the stool just like a shower cap.


Ta daa, such a nice way to put all that time to use.






3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks amazing, thanks for sharing your cleverness. sorry to hear things are difficult for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this is cute Bec! and a fantastic way to personalise mass-produced furniture and make it your own. I love it.

    Bec, I was wondering if I could maybe get some help? I’m working on an 'out and about' atm, and a part of the app will have bloggers recommending 5-10 places in their city to check out for all sorts of things from craft to shopping to eating and everything in between, I was wondering if you might recommend maybe a few places you love? I will put links to your blog on the app and drive more traffic your way. We have over 3,000 people signed up to download the app already and it hasn't even launched yet (we're super excited!)
    If you don’t mind and you're happy to be a part of it all, Bec, just pop on here -https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dG93enNmdHRPOTVuUWVqOFJMUElibnc6MQ
    or you can email me on jenny@heylets.com xx

    ReplyDelete