Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Still Rag Rugging Along

Ok, I have learnt that although sewing the ends together does make for a nicer finish it is dreadful to  plait with great big piles of cotton.  Even rolling it into balls didn't help too much.  I managed to preserver with the help of iview (I watched a diabolical program on pregnant UK Mums behaving badly OMG whata show.)

Looks so nice, but O so hard to work with.
This is Rag Rug Yoga
It got much better as the balls got smaller 
and smaller
I am a bit surprised that lined curtains from a 1.2 x 1.6 window
 only got this much rug but I still like where it is going.

*Sorry about the blurry pictures we are having very serious camera issues.





7 comments:

  1. That looks great. Rubbish TV does help with those tedious crafting moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was only talking about rag rugs last week. Would never have thought of using old curtains. How clever. If you're talking about that show "One Born Every Minute", I kinda like that. I'm always a sucker for a new born though. LOL I'm an Australian blogger who has a linky party every week called "Thriving on Thursdays". I feature recipes, crafts, decluttering and organising projects, vintage finds and anything else goes. I would love it if you would like to link up with me this week with this project.

    http://www.domesblissity.blogspot.com/2012/01/thriving-on-thursdays-linky-party-4.html

    Anne @ Domesblissity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the linkie invite. I love one born every minute so does my husband, it is beautiful. The show I was crafting along with was just cringe worthy pregnant Mums drinking, smoking, over eating you name it :(

      Delete
  3. OK, I've been thinking about doing this, fortunately I was only thinking about a doll sized one:) I have heard from others that they use shorter strips and when they get towards the end of each strip they sew on another? Not sure if it would really be any easier - good luck though. Will be ace when its done! Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think you are right sew as you go, much more sensible.

      Delete
  4. looking great, love the soft colour

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! A rag rug has been on my "to-do" list since this time last year, so thanks for the tips. :) Love the subtle colour in yours!

    ReplyDelete