Friday, January 20, 2012

Rag Rug-a-Long

The very talented Jodie from Ric Rac  posted a few days ago about making a Rag Rug, and suggested people might like to make one along side her, a Rag Rug-a-long.
This is what I am aiming for, and is an image from the
Moda Bake Shop tutorial that Jodie suggests is used for the Rug-a-long
Now this just so happened to coincide with a big room rearrangement going on at our house.  Everyone knows that when people swap rooms and rearrange furniture it is the best time to update curtains and clean up 8 year old cheap and nasty carpets that are well on their way out.  What better way than avoid re-carpeting than by putting down lovely rugs.  I quite fancy a big old Rag Rug in Miss M's room and I now have the old curtains (that aren't good for much other than the rag bag) Perfect!

The old curtains all in strips, I very neatly cut one strip but that was never
going to be sustainable so the rest were torn to size and
the fabric handled this well.
This is my plaiting technique, very complicated I know
 and I agree with Jodie it is a challenge not to plait too tightly.
I think this just may work!




No comments:

Post a Comment