Monday, October 17, 2011

A New Nightie

This weekend my challenge was to finish off all those incomplete niggly little projects and I got a few done - Air Punching!  Here is one of them ....


Miss S is quite partial to a cute nightie but we are finding it harder to get nice nighties in sizes larger than a six.  For this one I have used a Make it Perfect  girls dress pattern (Wonderland,)  - Toni's patterns are in my language.  This is my first foray in sewing with Jersey Knit and I must admit it has taken me about three months.  I started it full of enthusiasm but every time things got a bit tricky I put it to one side.  I did go and buy a double needle and had good intentions of sewing properly but buying the bits and pieces is always easier than using them, don't you find?

Anyway I ended up hemming with good old zig zag and left the sleeve edges raw which leaves the new needles in their packet.  Miss S said she liked the sleeves this way and that they felt nicer so everyone is happy. 

I need a course, Knit Wit evening courses were all  rage for the 80's House Wife.  I remember Mum doing the Knit Wit sewing course,  all of us kids got new togs that heavily featured zig zag.  Did your Mum do the course, what did you get?


No comments:

Post a Comment