Saturday, July 16, 2011

Japanese People Must be Much Smaller Than me

I have finally got one of the much coveted by me, Japanese Dress making books. I had been deliberating on which one to get for months now,  I love looking on line but I need to touch and flick pages before I can confidently buy.  My super friend Kel let me know that Penguin has published a translated version of Yoshiko Tsukiori Stylish Dress Book - Wear With Freedom.    On what turned out to be an all day trip to Bulimba, I found the lusted after book as it was being removed fresh from its delivery box and was able to intercept it on its way to the shelf.   (Thank-you River Bend Books.)  Anyway I love the book and got started right away on Dress A.
 Dress A, made in a cute Lawn from Spotty (Spotlight.)  Had to go for a size 14 to 16 (usually size 10 to 12) as it would seem I am much larger than Japanese women.
I think you can see the neck line a bit better in this pic.  I went for a pleat rather than a gather at the neck line and as I am challenged in the bias binding department I went for a yoke on the neck and arms.  

No comments:

Post a Comment